Mixed media

In this painting, I learnt how to use sketch pens and crayons in watercolor paintings to give certain effects. In the background, I had made some swirly patterns (not very clear) with crayons, and when I did a color wash on it those patterns appeared. I also used some sketch pens to give a vague definition to the objects, which merged gracefully with the watercolor. This gave a nice definition to the objects without being dominating.

I crossed a big milestone in this work - I painted the flowers by looking at actual flowers and not by imitating a 2D image. And that is one of my goals - to look at a 3D view/object and convert it into a 2D painting. This was a small achievement.... but very fulfilling.

Tulips

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunset from my window

Sun flowers