Home work

After my first class, Jenney insisted that I use the same technique at home. I tried the same "wet-on-wet" technique at home. I saw this painting in one of the books (Robert Wade's Watercolor Workshop Handbook) I got from the library. This was an ideal candidate for a start, as I could use what I had learnt in my previous class.

I had a challenge of creating depth in this picture: I had to give an effect that the rock in the center is a bit far off and there is water in between, and there is some fog coming in. I somehow achieved it but not to perfection. I did manage to fade off the rock which gave an effect of it being at a distance and also the presence of fog. But somehow the effect of water in between is not convincing enough.

I also learnt that the paper which I have been using had very high absorption which forced me to paint fast and didn't let me play with colors. I also noticed the difference between my pigments  and Jenney's: mine looked dull and hers looked very crisp and vibrant. Something to work on!

Pulpit Rock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunset from my window